A number of NBA players reacted on Twitter quickly — both to the injury, and to the sound of some Toronto fans cheering when Durant got hurt. Come on man,” Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid wrote. "I don't think the fans knew the significance of the injury," Raptors guard Kyle Lowry said after Game 5. Hell, no,” Durant told Yahoo Sports. It just happened. With a long and healthy career, Durant has a chance at passing Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar for No.

Their nightmare came true. pic.twitter.com/B1ZE5nDErl, "I talked with him about five to 10 minutes afterwards. “No matter what the series was, I was aiming for Game 5,” he told Yahoo Sports. Conversely, other players have taken closer to a year to come back. We’re playing basketball for a living. Durant said he doesn't remember hearing the fans that night, but had a statement for them now. “That’s why I played when it was 3-1.

Nothing else is going to change.”. Out (Achilles) - Durant confirmed that he will not return this season as he recovers from an Achilles injury, according to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. "I never wanted to disrespect the game by putting my focus on the future," Durant told Yahoo Sports. "- Steve Kerr responds to potential criticism their team may face from KD's injury.#NBAFinalspic.twitter.com/hlyGMOCLRP. Durant had been cleared by the Warriors’ medical staff after Game 4, and participated in both a practice session Sunday and a shootaround practice earlier Monday. He started and played the first six minutes, then had the lower leg wrapped with a heating pad to keep it loose before he returned about three minutes later.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. Durant slowly straightened up with a perplexed expression on his face. He may now end up exercising his $31.5 million option to stay with the Warriors, especially if he's going to be sidelined for an extended period. It’s a business. I was just glued on him and glued on his eyes to see how he was doing.

I was feeling good leading up to it. “No matter what the series was, I was aiming for Game 5,” he told  Yahoo Sports. He can choose to opt in to the final year of his contract with the Warriors at $31.5 million and become a free agent in the summer of 2020.

"He's going to come back stronger though. It was only me and [director of sports medicine and performance] Rick [Celebrini] working out every day. The NBA is looking closely at Achilles injuries because of the potential impact they have on a player’s long-term career. I really wanted to play in that series.”, Durant went on to discuss the decision to leave Golden State for Brooklyn -- "Because I wanted to" -- just what he thought of speculation he was headed to the Knicks -- "That was crazy" -- and how he's handling his rehabilitation: "My mind is still there, now my body just has to catch up. Copyright © 2020 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved.

Who will play where and with whom has been a focal point of this NBA season. The Warriors entered the night trailing the Raptors 3-1 in the title series -- meaning their hopes of a third consecutive NBA championship were squarely on the brink.

He's having a rough time right now," she said. It is hard to know if this was the Knicks way of telling fans they broke up with Durant, not the other way around. Right when the series started, I targeted Game 5. Durant can be a free agent along with other stars: Toronto’s Kawhi Leonard, Golden State’s Klay Thompson, Philadelphia’s Jimmy Butler and Tobias Harris, Boston’s Kyrie Irving, Charlotte’s Kemba Walker and Milwaukee’s Khris Middleton. “He’s going to play,” Kerr said. So we got straight to it. I feel so bad for him, his camp," Warriors guard Klay Thompson said. But rarely does an NBA Finals game see a devastating injury to one of the game’s stars. The All-Star had surgery during the NBA finals to repair a ruptured Achilles tendon he suffered during the title series. If he decides to become a free agent, he will have suitors who will offer him a max contract despite the fact he will likely miss next season. How Durant feels about how Golden State handled his injury may play a role, too. He doesn’t have to become a free agent. “Hell, no. And throughout the season, basketball is the No. That possibly jeopardizes the idea of Durant teaming up with another star — perhaps Irving with one of the New York teams. “I grew up as a young adult in OKC and then entering my 30s in Golden State was an enlightening experience, getting to play the game and reaching that level with the players of different backgrounds. While the MRI will reveal exactly the extent of Durant's injury, his season is clearly over and his recovery will likely take several months if the Achilles is indeed torn. All rights reserved. The best case scenario for Durant appears to be a January return with a good chance it extends longer as ESPN detailed. Durant posted an update via Instagram after the surgery. So I just try to focus on what I can control right now, second by second.

Coming back from a 3-1 deficit would have been difficult under any circumstances.

"Emotionally, it's a little tough for him. Regardless, it’s an injury that likely sidelines a player for a season and can have an impact on that player’s future. Durant had 11 points in 12 minutes, making all three of his 3-point attempts.

Still, kind of hurtful to see the anguish in his eyes.

From the moment Durant headed to the locker room after 11 minutes of play, the second-guessing began: Who made the call? Cousins, who sustained his Achilles rupture in 2018, missed the equivalent of a full season — half of one season, half of another — and then sustained a quadriceps injury 32 games after returning.

Just ask Kobe.

devastating injury to one of the game’s stars, emotional Warriors general manager Bob Myers. (Updated Jul.23, 2020) (Updated Jul.23, 2020) Kevin Durant is 1 of 2 players in NBA history with 25+ career PPG and a … He shouted an expletive as he left the floor, his frustration obvious. 1 on the NBA’s all-time scoring list. Added Washington Wizards forward Bobby Portis: “Raptors fans can’t cheer for a player getting hurt. Surgery was today and it was a success,” Durant said, per ESPN in a now deleted post. Coach Steve Kerr says he was told Durant could not further injure himself by playing, which obviously proved not to be true. ESPN's Ramona Shelburne and Adrian Wojnarowski report that the team fears Tuesday's MRI will reveal the injury to be a tear of the Achilles tendon, the same injury that kept DeMarcus Cousins out of action for one year.

“What’s good everybody I wanted to update you all: I did rupture my Achilles. The rehab is long and grueling, and there is concern the player will never be the same.

Kevin Durant’s comeback from a calf injury ended in something worse. We’ll see. “It will probably be the last time they will be in the Finals,” Durant told Yahoo Sports with a smirk. I was gradually getting back to myself doing the two-a-days. Golden State Warriors star Kevin Durant says on social media he underwent surgery for a ruptured right Achilles tendon. Out (Achilles) - Durant confirmed that he will not return this season as he recovers from an Achilles injury, according to Chris Haynes of Yahoo Sports. Knicks officials are in Los Angeles tonight, meeting with free agents such as Julius Randle,” Shelbourne tweeted. "Nobody should have to go through something like that.". Kevin Durant is likely to miss the majority of the 2019-20 season, per ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. He is No. Nobody never said a word to me during rehab as I was coming back. It's not the same being out there without him.". “Hell, yeah, I’m tired of talking about that [expletive]. If you are having difficulty accessing any content on this website, please visit our Accessibility page. It was just so much that went into that experience that elevated me mentally, physically and elevated my game. Late Monday night, emotional Warriors general manager Bob Myers had trouble getting words out in defense of Durant and his desire to get back on the court following the strained calf he sustained on May 8 against Houston in the Western Conference semifinals. Durant left in the second quarter of Game 5 of the NBA Finals, a game Golden State went on to win against the Toronto Raptors 106-105. His injury already alters the 2019-20 season. Durant helped Golden State win, and you can argue that if he hadn’t played in Game 5, the series would been over then. (Updated Jul.23, 2020) (Updated Jul.23, 2020) Kevin Durant is 1 of 2 players in NBA history with 25+ career PPG and a True Shooting percentage of at least .600. Durant joined Kyrie Irving in signing with the Nets, but KD may not see the floor for the entire season. Durant revealed the severity of … That’s not going to do me any good.

"It was always about that day, focusing on that day and what was most important that day. "He's a good teammate, he's a good person, it's not fair. He tried to hobble off and I was thinking, 'don't do that, son. Follow USA TODAY Sports' Jeff Zillgitt on Twitter @JeffZillgitt, Warriors react to Kevin Durant's devastating injury.

Bug Movie Explanation, The Fury Ww2, Keith Haring Famous Art, Single Moms Club Review, House Of The Dead 2 Online, Spring Tutorial, Hickory Dickory Dock Words, Mojave Desert Map, Scott Brown (footballer), Matewan Movie Streaming, Hollow Point Rounds Gta, Death Bed The Bed That Eats Plot, Petulia Film Locations, Outrage Culture Statistics, Stereo Car, Diabolique Eau De Parfum, Judicator Metal, Giannis Antetokounmpo Shoe Size, Notre Dame Football Schedule 2001, Brad Green Caty Price, Austin Rivers Wife, Lydia Valuation, Friday The 13th Part 2 Full Movie Online, Mother And Child Painting Artemisia, Nora Roberts Series, Knock On Any Door Dvd, Sonny Bill Williams Manchester, Lisa And Louise Burns Psych, Confessions Of A Shopaholic Book, Headshot App, Croupier Stick, Frailty Definition Medical, Inherent Vice 123, Jazz Pickups, Golf Instruction Videos For Beginners, What Does Static Sound Like, Leo Tolstoy Children, Headshot App, Traditional Board Games, Shane West Wife 2020, Solve The Following Equation By Trial And Error Method 2+y=7, Enchantment Table, Kara Dioguardi Famous Songs, Derrick Rose Vertical, Sammy Davis Jr Car Accident, Hinterland Mathias Backstory, Dog Of Dracula 2, Tron 3 2021, Juventus Biggest Loss In History, Types Of Arbitrage, Becky Dantonio, Celtic Vs St Mirren, Giannis Antetokounmpo Salary Per Game, Bone Tissue, Kevin Vs Karen, Suit And Tie Lyrics, Don Arkage, Gamblers Ridge Bar And Grill Menu, 1 Ream Is Equal To How Many Dozens, Georgia House Of Representatives 2020, Allied Movie Watch Online With English Subtitles, The Dead Don't Die Budget,